Redesigned SONET fiber system to Gigabit Ethernet system for integration of substation telemetry data acquisition design, electric utility operations, and maintenance, electric utility-grade software programs for planning, engineering, facility management, geographical information system (GIS), and telecommunication services.
Georgia State Department of Education:
A-PLUS and its legacy companies were selected by the Georgia State Department of Education (DOE) to design and provide train-the-trainer classes for 14 regional education support agencies on how to integrate the Internet into the classroom. After successfully completing this contract, the Georgia DOE demonstrated its confidence in A-PLUS by providing a sole-source contract for a modified A-PLUS software package to provide a converged continuing education teacher continuing education registration system for all certified educators.
For the past 15 years, A-PLUS and its executives have been directly responsible for the expansion and stabilization of management and operational efficiencies for MEAG Power and its 48 member cities. MEAG Power is one of three companies providing integrated electrical service in the State of Georgia. This experience and responsibility ranged from substation telemetry data acquisition design, electric utility operations, and maintenance, and electric utility-grade software programs for planning, engineering, and facility management.
Fiber optic based consulting services:
A-PLUS and its legacy companies have provided engineering, construction management, training, operations, operational support and service design for the following clients:
• Newnan Utilities, Georgia (now NuLink Digital Services)
• South Central Alabama Broadband Commission, Alabama
• Fairburn Utilities, Georgia (purchased by Comcast digital Services)
• Paulding County School System, Georgia
• Scottsboro Electric Power Board, Alabama
• Georgia Power telecommunications, Georgia (now Southern Telecom Inc)
• MEAG Power Telecom, Georgia (Now Georgia Public Web)
• The Utility Commission of Fort Valley, Georgia
• City of Dublin Fiber Optic Services, Georgia
• Dalton Utilities, Georgia
• Marietta Fiber Net, Georgia (now American Fiber Systems)
• Cities of Carrolton and Austell, Georgia
• City of Westlake, Louisiana
• City of Jackson, Mississippi